While in my younger years I never really understood while my parents took us to parks, but as I grew that changed. I started to look forward to summer trips to where ever my parents were going to take us. I have been interested in the outdoors for most of my life. I have done hiking and backpacking.
I have not done as much recently, but would love to do more. I have tried to put the information I know into on place. I divided the groups up between National Parks, Monuments, Museums, State Parks and Other.
National Parks are parks that were created by the goverment. They first came into creation in 1872 and have grown since then.
- Alcatraz Island National Park, CA
- Arches National Park, UT
- Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
- Canyonlands National Park, UT
- Capitol Reef National Park, UT
- El Morro - San Juan, National Historic Site, PR
- Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
- Zion National Park, UT
National Monuments are something similar to National Parks. They have their own beauty and grandeur. They also are owned and run by the US government.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument, UT
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, UT
- Hovenweep National Monument, UT - CO
- Natural Bridges National Monument, UT
This can included anything that might not be in the other sections. Other covers well other places. Something that is different.
State Parks covers areas that are connection directly to states that have made them.
- Anasazi State Park, UT
- Fremont Indian State Park, UT
- Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA
- Purgatory Chasm State Reservation, MA
- Snow Canyon State Park , UT
Museums is where you will find some information about Museums that I have been to.
Here is a list of title that are coming soon.
- American Museum of Natural History
- Boston National Historical Park
- Empire State Building
- Fishlake National Forest
- Four Corners
- Goblin Valley State Park, UT
- Great Basin National Park, NV
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Minute Man National Historical Park
- Monument Valley, Navajo Tribal Park
- Philmont Boy Scout Ranch
- San Rafael Swell, UT
- Stoney Point, NY
- Topaz - UT
- Walden Pond State Reservation
- Yosemite National Park